1. Watching a lot of Television
- Entertainment is meant to help us have fun together.
- When we watch TV excessively, we communicate a lack of ambition and purpose to our partners.
- No one wants to be stuck with a loser.
- We need to reduce watching TV to under an hour per day and get busy reading, writing, learning, creating, etc.
2. Eating fast food too much and not exercising
- Fast foods are cheap and quick to get.
- They are also rather quick to deteriorate our looks and health.
- A sickly and an unattractive partner is not pretty.
- Exercising is known to make people feel happier, boost energy levels, improve memory, etc.
3. Neglecting our appearance
- Not showering or brushing one’s teeth often, for example, means one doesn’t even place great value on oneself.
- It is not uncommon for people to treat us the way we treat ourselves, it is psychological.
- Let endeavor to iron our clothes, dress well, look smart, smell great.
- Our spouses should not feel embarrassed to introduce us to others.
4. Leaving the marriage to take care of itself
- This is not a good place to be.
- Nothing good comes easy.
- The only thing that grows without proper care is a weed.
- It is very important for us to go out on dates at least once in a fortnight.
- It is also very important to spend quality time together daily just having a nice conversation and laughing out loud together.
5. Arguing over petty issues often
The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it – Dale Carnegie.
- It is funny how we think shouting and scolding will make the other person change his/her mind.
- What to do when the other person is bent on arguing is to dish out genuine words of praise, followed by deep and sincere admiration.
- This raises the standard and he/she will want to reach it.
- I have to admit this is very difficult to do but with practice, we will master it.
The road to winter and harsh marriage is paved with arguing – Sam and Jane Adeniji